Course Work Examples

Throughout my five month practicum at the Graduate School of International Policy and Management I completed several different deliverables. Each deliverable was part of the work that I was doing and displays different learning outcomes from my Masters program.

IEM Practicum Symposium Recordings, Videos, and Photos

Impact Report

MIIS Faculty-led Guide

IEM Tech Series handbook

Preparing for Symposium Document

Onsight Perspectives: Education Abroad Management Assessment Plan

Madrid Housing Analysis

For my International Program Design and Assessment course I worked with Emily Greenblatt to design a Diversity and Non-discrimination Training for Outward Bound Costa Rica instructors. The training was implemented in May 2015 and can be found below.

Diversity Awareness & Non-Discrimination Instructor Training

For my Comparative Education class I compared an experiential education school and a traditional public school in Boulder, CO to look at which was better preparing students to be citizen-workers.

Comparative Education Paper

For my Marketing and Recruiting class I worked with a team of students to develop a marketing and recruiting plan for a 3rd party study abroad provider. I have included just a small sample of the plan so you can see some of what it included.

Sample

For Thanksgiving 2014 I went to the Yurok Indian Reservation in Northern California and interviewed tribe members about life on the reservation. I used these interviews to produce a podcast for my working with indigenous cultures final project. Podcasting is a new medium for me, but I was excited to explore this new area and I believe the final product revealed new primary information about the tribe and is entertaining.

Click To Listen

Below is a paper I wrote about study abroad outcomes and methods of assessment. I wrote this paper for a Principles and Practices of International Education course.

Study Abroad Outcomes