A very common form of spam we see is called backscatter, which is one of the hardest to block. This is mainly due to the sender of the spam being listed as you. Since you are “spamming yourself,” in theory, we need to create a rule to delete messages sent FROM you, TO you.
It’s up to you whether to move these messages to the Junk Folder or to delete them entirely.
1. Log into Outlook.
2. Go to the Tools menu; select Rules and Alerts.
3. Select “New Rule.”
4. “Move messages from someone to a folder” should be highlighted; click Next,
5. Put checkmarks by the following conditions as shown below. In Step 2, make sure to select your own name and include your email address in the sender’s address field.
6. It is optional whether to move the emails to the Junk Folder or Deleted items.
7. You should not need to add any exceptions when prompted.
8. Click Finish. If you are prompted to name the rule you may use the default or whatever you wish.