You can upload the following file types to your Drupal pages: csv, dcr, doc, docx, gif, gz, html, jp2, jpeg, jpg, kml, kmz, pdb, pdf, pmf, png, ppt, pptx, rtf, sit, tar, txt, wpd, xls, xlsx, zip.
When uploading images, they appear on the page with the title and caption you assign them. Other types of files also show the title and caption, but rather than show the file, a link is provided to access it.
Each section of the website has a special page for housing file uploads; this page is titled “Files (hidden)”. It is highly encouraged that all uploaded files be placed on this page so everyone knows where to find them. The instructions below assume that this advice has been followed.
Note: Any subpages of the “Files (hidden)” page will also be hidden. You can use this functionality to organize your files on different pages with descriptive titles to further help you know which files are where.
- Make sure the title of your photo or file follows the name conventions from our Web Style Guide: Before you upload an optimized image to the website, please make sure the file name is readable. (Ex. william_arrocha.jpg NOT IMG30001.jpg). Separate words within the file or image name with an underscore.
- Make sure you are logged on.
- Navigate to the “Files (hidden)” page.
- Locate the “Edit Console” in the top left of the screen. Click the “Add” tab.
- The screen now lists all the content types. Choose “File upload” from the list.
- Optional: When uploading an image, In the “Caption” text field, type a caption.
- When you are done uploading the file, scroll down and click the “Save” button.
- The screen returns to “View” mode.