Bannerweb includes a variety of “Faculty Services” including enrollment information for classes that you may be teaching. A useful function is the ability to e-mail your students individually and as a group using their @miis.edu accounts. This is useful if you would like to make contact with your students before the first class meeting. For example, to send them the enrollment key for your Moodle course space.
These directions explain how to obtain the “Downloadable Class Roster” available in the Bannerweb Faculty Services module:
- Log-in to Bannerweb with your 8 digit Banner ID # and your password at http://go.miis.edu/bannerweb
- Click on “Faculty Services” in the menubar
- Determine the CRN (Course Reference Number) for the course you want to access. Click “Course Selection: Course Reference Number (CRN) in the list of Faculty Services, and take note of the number. You will use this in the next step. The CRN is a unique (5-digit) number assigned to each course section. Only the courses for which you are assigned will be available in the drop down menu box for you to pick from.
- Return to the main “Faculty Service” tab. Then, click on “Downloadable Class Roster” in the list of Faculty Services on this page. Enter the 5 digit CRN code, then click “Get Roster.” An excel spreadsheet file will be downloaded.
- Open the Excel file and look for the column labeled “Email.” Highlight the data (e-mail addresses) in the column and paste them into the To: field of your e-mail program.