In order to create a navigation sidebar (the sidebar area located below the righthand navigation menu as shown above), you must first create a new subpage to house the sidebar content. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Navigate to the page or top-level page of a section where you would like to add the navigation sidebar.
- Once you are on the correct page, click on the “Settings” tab in the Edit Console.
- Choose “Add sub-page” from the Edit Console
- Create a new page using the following settings.
- Page name: Sidebar Content
- URL name: sidebar
- Appearance < Menu appearance < Location on screen: text for right column
- When you are finished, click “Create sub-page” at the bottom. You have now created an empty page that you can populate with content to display in your sidebar.
Note: Sidebars will cascade down through the subpages of an entire section.