301 redirects help you change the URL of a www.miis.edu webpage without breaking the link. All people accessing the old link will automatically be taken to the new URL.
Please follow these steps to enable a 301 redirect:
- Navigate to the page with the old URL. (Ex. http://www.miis.edu/academics/language/diplomat)
- Take note of the Monster Menu # in the Edit Console. (Ex. 242454)
- Navigate to the webpage’s new URL. (Ex. http://www.miis.edu/academics/language/diplomats)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Edit.”
- Within the editing interface, scroll down to the menu at the bottom of the page. Click “URL redirects.”
- Click “Add a redirect to this location,” which takes you to the 301 redirect module on the Drupal CMS admin panel.
- Complete the “From” URL field by adding this line of code mm/(Monster Menu #) (Ex. mm/242454)
- Don’t forget to click “Save.”