Because you use your username and password to log into the MiddleburyCollege wifi network, you need to make your computer forget your old password and remember your new one… like starting over fresh.
First, make your computer forget your old password.
- Navigate to the lower right corner of your screen and click on where it displays all available wifi networks. Click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- Select the MiddleburyCollege network and then click Remove.
- Click Yes.
Now that the MiddleburyCollege network is removed from your wireless networks, you will have to manually re-add it.
- Click Add.
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Under Information for the wireless network you want to add:
- Enter MiddleburyCollege into the Network name field.
- Select WPA2-‐Enterprise in the Security type dropdown menu.
- Select AES in the Encryption type dropdown menu.
- Check to select Start this connection automatically.
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- The Connection tab should look like this:
- Click on the Security tab, then Settings.
- Uncheck Validate server certificate, then click Configure.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) checkbox. Finally click OK.
- Click OK to close Protected EAP Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Check Specify Authentication mode and choose User Authentication from the dropdown menu. Click OK.
- Click OK to close MiddleburyCollege Wireless Network properties.
- Click Close to complete the setup.
Once you have completed the configuration steps in the above section, you should see a bubble appear in the lower right corner of your task bar. You can then follow the below steps to connect to the network.
- Click on the bubble Additional information is required to connect to MiddleburyCollege prompted in your task bar.
- A network dialog box will appear. Enter your username and password (same as your email account, without the “@miis.edu”). And then click OK.
You should now be connected to the MiddlebuyCollege network!