For desktops with Windows 7 operating systems, there are times when Java would keep popping-out, asking for an update and then failing to do so.
As suspected this problem was due to the Java control panel requiring Admin Privileges to disable the automatic update.
These instructions apply to Windows 7 (click on the pictures so that you can see the fine print more clearer):
1) In My Computer go to C:\Program Files (x86)\JAVA\jre7\bin\
2) Right click the program javacpl.exe
3) Select “Run as Administrator”
4) Select “Yes” from the User Account Control dialog. The Java Control Panel will open.
5) Select the Update Tab
6) UNcheck the “Check for Updates Automatically” check box
7) Select Apply, then click on OK.
8) Have a nice day!
Thanks for reading it! For further questions, please contact:
ITS Help Desk
Casa Fuente 320