Follow the instructions below to configure Outlook on your laptop/computer to send and receive MIIS emails.
(Note: If you do not have Outlook on your laptop, you can also access Outlook Webmail online following the instructions here.)
Skip steps 1-3 if you’re launching Outlook for the first time as it will automatically ask you if you want to create a new account.
1. Open Outlook.
2. Click to open the File tab.
3. From the File tab, click Info and then click Add Account.
4. When asked if you want to set up Outlook to connect to an email account, select Yes and then click Next.The Auto Account Setup wizard opens. Enter your name, your email address using your firstname.lastname@example.org, and your email password. Then, click Next.
A pop-up will appear for you to login to the Middlebury mail account. This time, input your email@example.com, and your email password, then click Sign in. Remember to change it to @middlebury.edu.
5. Outlook will complete the setup for your account, which might take several minutes. When you are notified that your account was successfully configured, click Finish.You may need to restart Outlook for the changes to take effect.
6. If the above steps do not work (or if you use another email client), you can manually set-up using the following settings:
Incoming IMAP server
Encryption Method: SSL
Outgoing SMTP server
Server name: smtp.office365.com
Encryption method: TLS
7. When all else fails, use Outlook Webmail.