MIIS students have access to ArcGIS for personal use. To download the software, copy and paste in your web browser:
If the site requests a login, use your Middlebury username and password.
Open the ArcGIS folder.
Double click the file you downloaded to start the installation (Windows only – to install on a Mac we advise using Boot Camp and installing Windows on your machine in a separate partition).
Note: these screenshots are for ArcGIS 10.3.1, but they should also apply to newer versions.
- Select your install location (usually the default setting is fine).
3. When the next window opens, click Next.
4. Accept the terms of the license agreement and click Next.
10. Click Finish when the installer has finished.
11. Go to your search box (by the Start Menu button) and type ArcGIS Administrator. Open the application.
12. On the Administrator Wizard window, make sure the following settings are correct, and enter lic-arcgis-miis into the License Manager section (see screenshot).Click OK.
13. On the next window, under Desktop, select Borrow/Return. Select every checkbox in the list, then click Apply and OK.
14. Wait for the licenses to be borrowed. These will need to be renewed every 240 days.
15. Open ArcMap and start using the application!
1. Login to the Self Care Portal using your Middlebury credentials at the link: http://myphone.middlebury.edu
2. Choose the Voicemail tab, then Choose the Launch Voicemail Inbox button
3. Click on Messaging Assistant
4. Choose the “Passwords” dropdown menu, then “Change PIN”
Here are some self-paced resources for instructors who are new to Canvas and would like to get started: