To add someone to the Safe Senders list using Windows Outlook (Mac Outlook users must use the steps for Office 365 below):
1. Right-click on any message in your Inbox and point to Junk, then to Junk E-mail Options.
2. Select the Safe Senders tab.
3. Click Add and enter the email address desired.
4. Click OK.
5. You might also want to check the two check boxes in this dialog box.
6. Click Apply and OK.
In Office 365:
1. Log into Webmail at http://go.middlebury.edu/mail.
2. Click on the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
3. Select Mail.
4. Select Block or Allow on the left side.
5. Click the plus sign (+) next to the Safe Senders and Recipients list to add and email address.
For the best results, we recommend that you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to the latest iOS. At this time, the latest is iOS 10. For more information on updating your Apple products, please refer to Apple’s support article.
Following the steps below will help you set up your MIIS email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We have included screenshots from setup on an iPhone, but the process is the same for the other devices.
1. On the Home Screen, tap on the “Settings” icon.
2. Tap on “Mail”.
5. Select “Exchange”.
6. Enter your email address and password. On this screen, you may use @miis.edu for your email address. The Description field is specific to yourself and merely allows you to differentiate between your accounts in the Mail app, so choose something that will help you do that (e.g. “MIIS” or “MIIS Mail”). Tap Next.
7. Use these specific settings:
Email: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org **
Password: Your MIIS account password
**The “email” field is the reply-to address, so this is the address others will see when you email them. So depending on whether you prefer to use @middlebury.edu or @miis.edu, use your preference. The username field MUST be @middlebury.edu.
Tap Save, and the settings will be verified with the Exchange server. If you get an error message, check the details you have entered.
8. Select whether you want just your Mail to be synced on the device, or also your Contacts and Calendars (if you have any on your MIIS Exchange account). **Unless you keep an up-to-date list of contacts in Outlook, you should not synchronize contacts because your existing contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch will be deleted. The same goes for your calendar. If you use your device’s calendar to organize your schedule, you should not synchronize your calendar. Tap Save.
If you have any further questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or (831) 647-6656, or come visit us on campus in Casa Fuente 320.
Disclaimer: We provide these steps as a convenience to those who prefer to use Gmail as their email interface. If your MIIS email password expires, or if you change it – you are responsible for updating your Gmail account with your new credentials. ITS Helpdesk supports Microsoft Office 365 for its users and it’s expected that those choosing to use Gmail or another service will be responsible for maintaining authentication to that service.
That being said…
- Log in to your gmail account:
2. Click the “Settings” button at the top right corner of your gmail interface:
3. Find the item titled as “Send mail as” and then click “Add another email address you own”.
4. Now you can give this account a name and add your MIIS email account as: firstname.lastname@example.org Then click “Next Step”.
5. Put in “smtp.office365.com” as the “SMTP Server” and “587” as the “Port”. Your username and password for the MIIS email should be put there too. Then select “Secured connection using TLS” and click “Add Account”.
6. Within several minutes, you should get an email from gmail with the verification code. You can either click on the link in the confirmation email or enter the code.
7. Now……………TA-DA! Your MIIS email address should show up underneath your gmail address. You can select which email address to send mails from next time you log in to your gmail account now!
8. If you have any problem with doing this, you can always call IT Help Desk or visit us on the 3rd floor of Casa Fuente! Good luck~
PLEASE VISIT HTTP://GO.MIDDLEBURY.EDU/MAIL TO ACCESS YOUR MIDDLEBURY EMAIL.
Login with your middlebury.edu email address. Use the password you recently created.
It should redirect you to a Middlebury login page.
If not click this link https://outlook.com/owa/middlebury.edu.
Enter your Middlebury email address (email@example.com). Do not use ‘@miis.edu’ for your email address. Then enter your current email password. If you haven’t set up, or you forgot your password, PLEASE READ how to activate (or reset) your password.
When you successfully log into your Middlebury email account for the first time, it will ask you to choose a time zone. We are in Pacific Time Zone (UTC-7)
To activate your email account, you must first have your Bannerweb ID (student or employee ID) and PIN. The PIN is initialized to your 6 digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
Employees can get their ID by contacting the HR office at 831-647-3520. New students should contact the Admissions office at 831-647-4123 if they have not already received their BannerWeb ID at their home email address.
If you have forgotten your password, visit go.middlebury.edu/resetpassword or contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance at 831-647-6656.
- Go to http://go.middlebury.edu/activate, click the Continue button on the first page.
- At the next page, log in with your Banner id and password.
- Read and agree to the Agreement Statement.
- A page displays which allows you to set a password. Near the top you’ll see your account name in RED. Write this down! Pay close attention to the requirements for a password then create a password. Tip: write down your password and compare it against the requirements before typing it in.
- Click Continue. A confirmation page display letting you know if your password was accepted.