Home » Posts tagged 'Email' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Email
This is only recommended for experienced users. Please note that accessing your email through Gmail does not provide you with active directory access to Exchange; contacts, distribution lists, and other features of Exchange webmail are not supported.
Settings for Incoming Mail
@middlebury.edu (Fully qualified)
- Server: outlook.office365.com
- Port: 993
- Encryption Method: SSL
Settings for Outgoing Mail (SMTP)
- Server name: smtp.office365.com
- Port: 587
- Encryption method: TLS
To activate your email account, you must first have your Bannerweb ID (student or employee ID) and PIN. The PIN is initialized to your 6 digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
Employees can get their ID by contacting the HR office at 831-647-3520. New students should contact the Admissions office at 831-647-4123 if they have not already received their BannerWeb ID at their home email address.
If you have forgotten your password, visit go.middlebury.edu/resetpassword or contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance at 831-647-6656.
- Go to http://go.middlebury.edu/activate, click the Continue button on the first page.
- At the next page, log in with your Banner id and password.
- Read and agree to the Agreement Statement.
- A page displays which allows you to set a password. Near the top you’ll see your account name in RED. Write this down! Pay close attention to the requirements for a password then create a password. Tip: write down your password and compare it against the requirements before typing it in.
- Click Continue. A confirmation page display letting you know if your password was accepted.
- Open the Windows Control Panel from the Start Menu.
- Within the Windows Control Panel open the Mail control panel. If no profiles exist,
- Click on the Email Accounts Button. The Email Accounts wizard starts.
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click the Next button. The Server Type displays (not pictured).
- Select Microsoft Exchange Server and click the Next button. The Exchange Server settings displays.
- Type mail.middlebury.edu for the Exchange server name and your user name in the user name field, then click the More Settings button. Ensure that Use Cached Exchange Mode is checked. A login to panther.middlebury.edu displays.
- In the User name field type midd\your-user-id (e.g. midd\jsmith); in the password field type the password you set via the web, then click OK.
- After a successful login the Exchange Server settings dialog box displays.
- Select the Connection tab. Check the Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP check box near the bottom then click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
- In the Use this URL… field type mail.middlebury.edu. Make sure the check boxes for On fast networks… and On Slow networks… are checked. Make sure the Proxy Authentication settings uses NTLM Authentication.
- Click the OK button to close the Exchange Proxy Settings dialog box.
- Click the Ok button to close the Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box.
- Click the Next button to continue the Email Accounts wizard. If you have an existing email account created you may receive a notice to change default delivery mailbox for your new account. Click Yes to continue.
- Click the Finish button to close the Email Accounts wizard.
- Click Close to close the Mail control panel.
- You can now start Outlook. You will be prompted to log into the panther.middlebury.edu server when Outlook starts. Your user name must be in the form midd\your-user-id.
Click the Add button, type in the name Outlook, then click Ok.
If a profile does exist, the following displays:
The Exchange Proxy Settings dialog box displays.