Interested in participating as prototyping vendors at the Market? Now’s your time to register for access to space if any of the following conditions apply to you.
IMPORTANT: Please read through thoroughly
“Prototypers” or “Emerging Entrepreneurs” are MIIS students interested in
- piloting their own product or service, networking with local entrepreneurs, & receiving feedback from the community (retail items/services can be sold, food items can only be sampled)
- diverting their waste and reselling any unwanted resale items (bringing the online MIIS Marketplace to a live physical location) that are in good, clean, working condition
- selling items to fundraise for a registered MIIS Club or registered non-profit organization
*These students are exempt from paying the registration fee.
Event Theme: Empower Impact, Shop Ethically
Date: Friday, December 8th
Location: Irvine Atrium, McCone Building (499 Pierce Street @ Jefferson)
Market Time: 5:00-8:00 PM
Load-In: 1:00-4:00 PM
Load-Out: 8:00-10:00 PM
Deadline to sign up is November 17.
4×6 space. We can provide 1 3’x5′ + 1 white table cloth if you need one.
You are responsible for bringing your own materials for your booth (e.g. product display, signage, business cards, etc.). If you have your own table, you are encouraged to bring it (please, no bigger than 4×6). We are not allowed to hang anything on the walls or ceiling. Please specify any special set up needs, if any, below.
Product Storage: We will have ample space to store any products you may want to deliver in advance. Please contact us to coordinate.
On-Site Kitchen: We have a mini-kitchen with a sink, refrigerator, and freezer. Please specify if you will need access to this below.
Confirmed Vendors will receive a digital Vendor Packet that include set-up & breakdown information, digital event collateral, map, parking directions, etc.
Student Prototyper Orientation:
Fri, December 1st | 5:30 – 6:30 PM | DLC Design Space, 420 Calle Principal
- day-of event layout + logistics
- vendor support
- marketing 101
- zero waste
- opportunities for future client projects
- volunteer shifts + roles
- student prototyping opportunities
- your questions
Light refreshments provided.
Questions? contact Celina Lima at firstname.lastname@example.org