Intro to MiddMedia
- Our own audio and video hosting platform, where we don’t have to worry about YouTube showing advertisements or making claims to our original content.
- Anyone can log-in with their Midd username and password and receive 500MB of space automatically, with the option to upgrade.
Web Focus Group Results
Interesting Fact: only 50% of the students reported having mobile phones with access to the web. Otherwise, not much changed in terms of social networking: Everyone still uses Facebook and YouTube, with light usage of Twitter and uncertainty about Google+.
5 Bold Steps to Improve MIIS.edu
- Review curriculum info for all programs
- Review the financial aid webpages (and add photos?)
- Update info about our integration with Middlebury
- Revisit the “Be the Solution: Areas of Study” (for the big wigs)
- Change “Community” to “Student Life” in the global navigation
- Bonus Step: Check for broken links
- Bonus Step 2: Re-create the campus map
- Bonus Step 3: Watch out for that pesky error on faculty program pages
And the most important step of all
Come to the next web strategy meeting when we’ll have a working session to help everyone add perfectly cropped and sized photos to their webpages! Yay!