Welcome to the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) Outdoors Club (formerly known as the ODRC)! We invite you to follow us outdoors. We are slowly adapting this site to fit the current model of the club, following the club hiatus due to COVID-19. Thanks for your patience with any hiccups!
The Outdoors Club is a collaboration of students inviting the entire MIIS community to enjoy the many opportunities for outdoor fun in the greater Monterey Bay region. Our goal is to help lead and organize outdoor activities each semester including hiking, camping, skiing/snowboarding, and more. We even provide affordable equipment rentals and information to help YOU enjoy the great outdoors on your own time. Outdoor adventures are a great way for new students to bond and create lasting memories.
- Enable students to discover and apply new outdoor recreation skills
- Encourage mind and body wellness
- Offer activities to reduce stress and increase good health
- Provide the tools and resources needed for students to successfully lead outdoor trips
- Share outdoor experiences and knowledge with the entire MIIS community
- Encourage an opportunity for MIIS community members to meet new people
- Instill a sense of wonder and appreciation of the natural world
For any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.