About Me

Me in my natural habitat.

I’m a native of coastal South Carolina working on a grad degree in International Environmental Policy at the Monterey Institute for International Studies.  I moved to California under the false impression that it would be warm (darn the O.C.) and have been sorely disappointed, which is why I’m thrilled to be in Belize this summer sweating it out for a fellowship with the Center for the Blue Economy.  My fellow fellows and I are on Tobacco Caye working on public policy perception in the community and suggestions for strengthening of the South Water Caye Marine Reserve, the largest MPA in Belize.  I’m a huge fan of coral reefs, Caribbean summers, and short walks on the beach so this 5 acre island and its laid back population (of about 35) are just my speed.  Despite limited internet, electricity, and willpower, I will be attempting to document my adventures on this blog for the world (ok my mom) to read.  So here’s hoping I come out of this fellowship with some tangible deliverables, broadened horizons, a great tan, and something worth writing about, I guess we’ll see…

Making friends in my new home.