Alyssum in Washington D.C.

Capitol building at night. Ain’t she lovely?

The White House

Steam from the manhole covers, and the hot, hot sun.

I arrived in D.C. almost 2 weeks ago. I stayed the first couple nights with a friend from high school, but started working at WWF the morning after I arrived. It’s been HOT.

I was so glad to spend most of a year in a place where the temperature hovered around 60 degrees, but I am one of the few people who really likes humid heat in the summer. When I found out I got to be in D.C. for the summer one of the things I was looking forward to was enjoying a real swealtery SE summer rather than staying in Monterey, where I hear (and Ben is confirming) it stays overcast and cool for several months. And hot and humid it has been. I do like it, though I admit I like humidity best when the temperature is under 90 degrees F. Above that, it really feels like walking in a stagnant oven.I was so glad to spend most of a year in a place where the temperature hovered around 60 degrees, but I am one of the few people who really likes humid heat in the summer. When I found out I got to be in D.C. for the summer one of the things I was looking forward to was enjoying a real swealtery SE summer rather than staying in Monterey, where I hear (and Ben is confirming) it stays overcast and cool for several months. And hot and humid it has been. I do like it, though I admit I like humidity best when the temperature is under 90 degrees F. Above that, it really feels like walking in a stagnant oven.

One of the cool things D.C. has to offer is a free concert every day of the week, 365 days a year, at 6pm at the Kennedy Center, a mile from WWF. I have been twice so far. It gives me something to do after work aside from just going home, and allows me to support these (great but unknown) artists despite being poor. It’s nice to feel independent, sitting amongst a different group of people than my co-workers or my MIIS friends, enjoying live music in a beautiful setting.

The Millenium Stage

12 thoughts on “Alyssum in Washington D.C.

1. www.essay-editor.net/blog/selecting-the-professional-proofreading-service

I enjoyed walking around this great city because there are so many beautiful places and incredibly interesting museums where great exhibitions are held.

Reply
  2. Justin Green

Everybody should select https://paperwriter.com/ for the greatest advice in their projects. Thanks for reading! According to the university’s needs and learning styles, specialists are able to provide assistance. The site is a good place to go if you’re in need of a term paper writer for hire.

Reply