2020 Undergraduate Fellow Spotlight: Tamar Furman

Hi, my name is Tamar Furman! I’m a rising senior at Bryn Mawr College just outside of Philadelphia pursuing double majors in Political Science and French and Francophone studies. I’m particularly drawn to international relations, security studies, and all forms of political philosophy. When on campus, I work as a Writing Center tutor while also volunteering as an income tax preparer for VITA, the IRS free tax preparation program. This summer, I will also be working as an intern at the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), recording data on weapons and tactics used in global terrorist incidents and further exploring the activities of armed non-state actors. Given my lack of previous experience studying weapons of mass destruction or nuclear nonproliferation regimes, I’m especially excited by this chance to learn and gain new experience! In my free time, I enjoy nighttime walks, tinkering with new recipes, visiting aquariums and keeping cool by tubing on South Texas’ many rivers. 

Visit Tamar’s Presentation