2021 Undergraduate Fellow Spotlight: Madelyn Lockshine

My name is Madelyn Lockshine (she/her) and I am a rising senior at The Ohio State University pursuing majors in International Security and Intelligence and Linguistics with a minor in French. My interest in nonproliferation and disarmament stems from my experience in the Young Women in Nonproliferation Initiative Mentorship Program at CNS last year, where I found out about the Undergraduate Fellowship. I am particularly interested in conducting research on emerging infectious diseases and their relationship to biological warfare and bioterrorism. I am hoping to pursue graduate school in the field of nonproliferation and security studies after I finish my undergraduate degree. Outside of academics, I am the Vice President of Operations of OSU’s chapter of Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity and Vice President of the OSU Figure Skating Club. In my free time I enjoy exploring new restaurants and cafes and hiking. I am incredibly grateful for this amazing opportunity and I am looking forward to a productive and engaging summer!