Home » Portfolio » Translation Management Systems: How does GlobalLink measure up?

About Me

I have a passion for interactive entertainment and technology, and am interested in creating and curating content for the modern world.

Exceptional language, writing, proofing, editing and speaking ability; eager to learn and apply new and varied skills. Extroverted and unafraid to create new connections, and has a proven ability to maintain and nurture professional networks.

Translation Management Systems: How does GlobalLink measure up?

Today I had the pleasure of participating in an introductory course of TransPerfect’s new TMS: GlobalLink. Besides the swanky certificate they gave me for completing the course, the folks from TransPerfect gave us a two-hour demonstration on GlobalLink to let us know exactly what their new product is about.

Behind all the talk about all the different features they were implementing in GlobalLink, it did seem like TransPerfect was addressing all the problems that I (and my colleagues) have been complaining about for what feels like ages. Their Query system for translators to get their questions answered while never leaving the TMS; the integration with various APIs; quotes auto-generated; parsers; support for on and offline work; the live previews of target documents; and the planned support of tracked changes at a segment level.

I was impressed.

The next closest TMS that I can compare it to is XTM Cloud — a TMS that I hadn’t touched on yet, but recently was able to try out for a short project. XTM also promises automation, translation and review in context, and a cloud-based system.

I enjoyed using XTM, and their pricing packages are competitive, offering trials and different pricing. It’s easy to use, flexible, and supports mobile. A case could be made for both TMSs, and you should certainly take a look at both thoroughly before deciding.

However, there is one thing that GlobalLink offers that I thought was truly innovative and exciting: modules.

The idea of picking modules for different features is very intuitive, and promises to match well with the current agile development trend. Of course, I’ll have to wait to get my hands on it before making a verdict, but that combined with the already impressive suite of features that GlobalLink offers makes it a TMS to watch closely.