Have you considered being a mentor for a junior colleague, or getting practical advice from an upperclassman or alumni? Join the TLM Mentorship Program, which aims to help students, alumni, and l10n professionals build connections with peers and future colleagues, in order to shape the next generation of the industry!
We pair less experienced individuals with upperclassmen/alumni in order to forge new industry connections, share advice, and learn what’s out there in the wild world of localization.
Spring applications are now closed! Please check back in August for Fall 2021.
Why be a mentor:
- Gain experience in personal advising (good for those who are or want to be managers!)
- Share knowledge with a junior colleague
- Develop your empathy, listening skills, and leadership
- Make a difference in someone’s professional life!
Why be a mentee:
- Learn about internship and job opportunities, or life after MIIS
- Gain confidence in your skills, abilities, or knowledge regarding L10N
- Have someone to help you develop measurable goals
- Make a new industry connection
- …and maybe a new friend?