The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey hosts several online communities, including blogs and social networking sites. The purpose of these communities is to foster constructive information sharing and conversation among Institute faculty, staff, students, alumni, and the broader online community. Participants in these online communities are expected to keep content appropriate and relevant. When posting to any of the Institute’s social media sites, users are expected to represent their own opinions unless otherwise cited and have all of the rights necessary to lawfully use any content that is posted or shared.
All official MIIS social media accounts reserve the right to remove content that is deemed inappropriate, including:
- graphic, derogatory, hateful, explicit, or threatening content that may offend or harass other users;
- any activity in violation of local, state, or federal law;
- endorsements of political parties, groups, or candidates;
- use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by the Institute or Middlebury College;
- defamatory content that misrepresents any person or entity within the Institute or Middlebury College;
- unauthorized advertisements, promotions, or solicitation for purposes not aligned with the Institute or Middlebury College;
- content that constitutes a violation of privacy or creates danger to the safety or another person;
- using Institute or Middlebury College trademarks (name, logos), or branding without authorization;
- any activity that violates any other Institute or Middlebury College policy.
The Institute reserves the right to deny access to those who violate the above standards.
For any questions pertaining to the use of social media or regarding the social media policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.