Sightseeing in Washington D.C.

Although I was only in D.C. for a couple days, I did get a little time to do some sightseeing on the second day of the conference before heading home.

The last time I was in D.C. was 12 years ago, so it was interesting to see the places I remembered, like the White House.

I spent a long time at Lincoln Memorial. The view from the steps is amazing and the statue is so impressive. Lots of people stood around taking pictures, while others lounged on the shady steps overlooking the Washington monument.

I also really liked seeing the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. I especially liked seeing people getting tracings of the names.

That night I got to have dinner with a fellow MIISer who is working in D.C. for the summer. We had an amazing meal and I definitely wished I could have had a little more time to explore the city!

4 thoughts on “Sightseeing in Washington D.C.

1. Sharen

The vision from the all the pictures are wonderful and the figurine is so extraordinary. Plenty of group stood approximately attractive pictures. I here for student coursework writing uk because some students need for best service.

Reply