Skip to content
- Webform Upgrades
- Maureen’s Virtual Tour Videos
- Editorial Calendar
Before you begin
- Purpose: Does it satisfy a user need or business goal?
- Commitment, time, effort
Then – the technical stuff
- Sound is very, very important! (make sure audio can stand alone because the audience might be multi-tasking)
- Quality of picture, lighting etc.
- Quality of extra material such as photos or slides
- Graphics – Readability is key
Once you have all that down: CONTENT!!!
- Have a strong story to tell
- Jump right in – remember the purpose and the audience and think about your own attention span online
- Keep it short but interesting (Promotional videos from 30 sek to 5 min tops – program videos preferably no longer than 30 min – informational video somewhere in between)
- Think about visuals
- Provide context if necessary but stick to the point
A few odds and ends