About Me

Hello! I’m Runyu. I am a native Chinese speaker currently living, studying, and working in Monterey, California.

Ever since I was young, I was fascinated by languages and the culture that influences them. I want to build a future career related to translation and localization. I believe it is a fascinating area that requires constant learning and gives us the opportunity to interact with people from diverse backgrounds.

I have four years experience in the translation and localization industry, specializing in legal, investment, marketing and linguistics as a translator. I have experience on both the client and vendor sides. My work has allowed me to bridge the communication gap between people using different languages and prepared me for the technical side of translation and localization.

I am currently pursuing my Master’s degree in Translation and Localization Management at the Middlebury Institute of International Studies with a focus on technology and a specialization in localization. I hope to use the skills learned at MIIS not only to localize resources for clients but also create the opportunity for better resource utilization.

Please feel free to check out my portfolio and follow me through my journey of discovery through the world of translation and localization.