Finishing up at IUCN

My internship has come to an end, sadly, and I feel like i left DC all too soon, just when I was just starting to get into the groove of things.  I have been working on contributing to a report for IUCN analyzing how mangroves could fit into REDD+ policy in the UNFCCC, and the process has been a huge learning experience, not just for what I’ve learned about climate change policy, but also the process of working collaboratively.  This piece probably won’t be finished until mid November and will need input from scientists, but I hope to continue working on it in some capacity throughout the fall semester.  So while I had originally expected to have a finished project as the outcome of my summer, I’m hoping there will be benefits to staying involved in this project a little longer.

During my last week, I had the opportunity to go to a ‘speed mentoring’ event run by the Women’s Aquatic Network in DC.  This was basically the same idea as speed dating, except with senior marine professionals as the mentors, and men-tees like me seeking career advice.  We had 5 minutes with each of the 20 or so mentors. I was intimidated by the idea at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun!  I also got a lot of practice giving my elevator pitch, and I learned I still need a lot of improvement!

Before I left I had lunch with my boss, and got some great feedback on my work.  Overall, it’s been a very satisfying experience, and could only be better if I had planned in advance to stay a few weeks longer.  D.C. is truly the best place to be get into an international policy profession, and while the D.C. lifestyle isn’t something I’d want for the long run, I wouldn’t hesitate to come back here for a year or two if there was an opportunity.

94 thoughts on “Finishing up at IUCN

1. Adriana Samuel

192.168.0.1 is actually a private IP address, utilized by a number of wireless router manufacturers as a default IP address. A good thing is that this particular IP address can be edited and it is an important part of securing the wireless network system.

2. Thomas Deschenes

Marine life plays a vital role in our climate change policy, there are plenty of marine species who symbolize best indicator of oceans warming, because scientists have studying and tracking them for many years and they are complex to climate. There is no need to separate time from your busy schedule now you can Buy Degree without disturbing your daily routine. In a report I found that “The fact that we find global coherence in responses, over the same time period that warming temperatures have been linked unequivocally to rising greenhouse gases, provides strong evidence of climate change as a driver of the changes.” Hope you will get another opportunity soon to get back there for your research work at DC.

3. Martin Jarvis

One of the creative post. I liked the way you write this is why for the refreshment and relief from assignments I used to read your blogs. Last time I gave Review of Edubirdie.com because that time I can’t handle my projects and assignments.

4. Zoe Jones

The Mass Communication is the new thing in the market and through that we can connect with each other and some of them are just trying to make the things more properly and they are bringing some new mediums of the communication in which they can decide the things more properly and we should try to understand them more accurately and you can get help with UK essay so that people should be aware of this thing more properly and they can easily make some new changes in it which would be more beneficial for them and some of them are just according to the things which can be shifted for the needs of it.

5. Intinamah

During my last week, I had the opportunity to go to a ‘speed mentoring’ event run by the Women’s Aquatic Network in DC. This was basically the same idea as speed dating, except with senior marine professionals as the mentors, and men-tees like me seeking career advice. We had 5 minutes with each of the 20 or so mentors. I was intimidated by the idea at first, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! I also got a lot of Instalasi CCTV practice giving my elevator pitch, and I learned I still need a lot of improvement!

6. Angelica  Mandy

This piece possibly received’t be completed until mid-November and could want input from scientists, however I desire to preserve running on it in a few potentials in the course of the fall semester. So whilst I had, in the beginning, predicted to have a completed assignment because the outcome of my summer season, I’m hoping there will be blessings to staying concerned in this challenge a touch longer. Can Someone to write my Essays For me UK

7. Olivia Harrison

There is a lots of season to do fishing but the talk about the fishing at IUCN is basically different and that fishing is more important for the people which at that present over there. The discipline for that environment is calm and fishing is also for all people. All the peoples of village was the part of this enjoyment IUCN analyzed lots of things in between doing these things. assignment writers is always appreciate that type of activity which are reasonable and beneficial for all people.

8. Alexa staisy

Mcafee antivirus scans all the folders on the system so that any malware cannot damage the users’ essential documents. Get all the answers at one place regarding Mcafee Antivirus setup Setup and configuration from the globally famous Mcafee technical support experts.

9. Aaron Paker

Facing issue with your WiFi extender setup via mywifiext.net? We are one of the best New extender setup support service providers who provides various kinds of Netgear_ext setup services.

10. Ethan Marine

We are available with mywifiext.net for the user. In case of any technical issue we are always here to resolve the problems. So you need to get connected with us.

11. Jason Miller

We are the best routerlogin.net Setup service providers who provides various kinds of WiFi router setup services. If you face any trouble while setting up your Netgear Router then you can contact our experienced experts for instant help.

12. assignmentdoer

Every one of our papers experience an intensive altering technique before being sent to clients. In the event that you have a paper that you feel needs an editors contact our group for a specific statement on any paper. Our altering and editing administrations are first class to assist you with exceeding expectations in the most ideal manner conceivable.

Do My College Homework For Me

13. michael watkins

Are you not able to perform mywifiext Netgear Extender Setup? Interested to know the ways how to perform Netgear WiFi Extender setup? Well, if the answer to these questions is in YES, then you are at the right place. Let’s first know about Netgear WiFi Extender.

14. Richard

The ROKU COM Link is the latest product from the company known as ROKU TV. This is the newest product to enter the market and is designed with the young audience in mind. If you are looking to save on subscription costs, then you should definitely consider this product. The reason why this product is so popular is that it allows users to stream live television to their devices. This product comes with a remote control that you can use to watch your favourite channels while you are away from home.

15. James Owens

Don’t be dippressed with your position, you have to apply to the next organization that will care for your talent, professional assignment help employees are very satisfied with their leadership because team is everything, if you want to succeed in life, you have to join their work with a dedicated and loyal team.

16. stephenanthony

To have a smooth and effortless activation of your Freeform TV channel via freeform.com/activate, please follow these instructions. First up, head to the Channels store on your streaming device to download the Freeform TV app. Use the search area on the store to navigate to the app easily. Once helmed, launch the Freeform TV app and note the activation code and proceed to visit
    Freeform.com/activate

17. Crunchyroll on Roku

Crunchyroll Roku provides both a free and premium plan. The free plan consists of access to restricted programs and films, while the premium offers up its library of manga as well as the Crunchyroll Store, where you’ll get exclusive discounts. Further, by subscribing to Crunchyroll’s premium streaming service, you can stream and watch all your favorite movies and shows without commercial interruptions. It also gives you an option to pay more at once for an overall reduced rate. It is like instead of spending $7.99/mo, you can choose to pay $23 for the first three months or $80 for a year.

18. Ryan phillip

You’ll be able to stream all the PBS exclusive entertainment upon activation from pbs-activate.com. Contact and communicate with us if you’re experiencing further difficulties with the pbs.org/activateprocess.

19. vakil

A real estate lawyer is a lawyer who specializes in the field of real estate litigation. In many problems related to real estate, the need for a real estate lawyer is felt. The Senate Bar Association, with twenty years of experience in the field of real estate and goodwill, is one of the best in the field. Providing legal advice, billing and defense, litigation guidance, services provided by this center for people who are looking for the best real estate lawyer. In principle, real estate attorneys and goodwill attorneys, despite their ability to defend themselves, are more active in all real estate and real estate matters.
    property lawyer

20. Ara Gates

Not to worry if you don’t know how to activate the ABC! You can reach our sites and read our blogs or articles that can give perfect guidelines on activating the app via abc.com/activate. Install the app, access it, get the channel link code. Note this code; visit the activation site. Key in the code and choose the TV provider and then start with the procedure of activation.

21. Cyberpunk Ciri Vest

Are you looking for your favorite celebrity outfit quite long? Buy it at Cyberpunk Ciri Vest. We manufacture high quality coats, jackets and vests from your favorite shows and favorite stars. Buy all you need at Cyberpunk Ciri Vest now! Cyberpunk Ciri Vest

22. re.nexxtsolutions

For need to type the default IP address of neext router and search it, You will land on the login portal.

23. Sandra Rommel

Writing an informative essay needs much hard work on part of the student to gather the information on the topic given by the university. The tough completion does not allow the student to spare time so he has to hire need assignment helpp for timely submission of the task.

24. mywifiext local

On entering mywifiext local in the URL bar, you will be redirected to another webpage where the login credentials need to be provided. After entering these credentials, the next page will prompt a setup wizard. Carefully install and setup your extender by following the below-mentioned guidelines.

25. Kaylee Brown

Hiring a chemistry expert will ensure good grades on your assignments in the least possible time. The expert will carefully formulate an assignment with correct answers every time. The chemistry expert possesses the necessary knowledge to answer complex questions quickly, which the professors will understand. The experts also write the solutions according to the class intelligence standards to ensure the works do not feel out of place.

26. Linksys Extender Setup

Linksys extender setup process begins with accessing the default login page online in a compatible web browser. You can use both the IP address as well as the web address to access the Login Page and then use the login credentials to get to the setup wizard. Here, you can configure the settings online. For help, visit our website now.

27. America Capital

America Capital has offices in Los Angeles and Philadelphia by the year 2000. It also formed an internal Operations Team, managed by Gordon O’Brien, comprised of former C-level executives and vice presidents, to work onsite at its portfolio companies. American Capital established an internal financial analysis and compliance team, led by Jay Beam, in 2001 to do financial due diligence for buyout investments, provide financial and information technology (IT) advice services to portfolio firms, and conduct internal appraisals. To know more about, please click here

28. widzzethenry

Wondering how to access extender.linksys.com login page online? You can use the default IP address 192.168.1.1 to access the same and then type in the default credentials to gain access further. You can then change the settings as per your preference and begin with the setup process easily.

29. Kimberly Scott

Well, I am still enjoying my winter vacation, watching movies and reading books. I haven’t thought about what I am going to do in summer. But, frankly, I can do whatever I want, if I submit all the essay samples for http://essay-writing-company.org/ on time, without any delays.

30. wifi.wavlink.com

You will need a device such as a phone or a PC to visit wifi.wavlink.com.The wifi.wavlink.com setup page is used to manage your wifi extender and make changes to settings such as WiFi password, firmware update, and reset procedure.

31. Martin Grey

Are you looking for a way to log in to extender.linksys.com from your computer? You may visit it using the default IP address of 192.168.1.1 and then fill in the default credentials to obtain further access. You may then adjust the parameters to your liking and begin the setup procedure with ease.

32. David Strathmore

If you want to bring more business and more engaging customers to your brand, it is essential to have web app development services. People in US tend to shop online, as social media provides easy and safe access to everybody worldwide. Since the growth of the international market has increased many folds, a website has become a necessity of every business.

33. Jack

You can access the Netgear Router Administration Page by the routerlogin.net procedure. This panel lets you modify the wireless settings of the router. It is possible to use the IP address in its place. It is easy to update firmware and change passwords or usernames by using the online web-based utility of the router. Get in touch with us if you require assistance in logging into your account.

34. Mark

35. olivia

The My Mesh app is always available at your resort to start with the setup process of Meshforce M3. Just ensure that the internet is smooth and stable. Also, make sure that you download only the latest version of the app, as the outdated version might give trouble in the setup procedure. Want more help with the login or setup? Our technicians are just a call away.