Applications to January DPMI Trainings in Rwanda and Monterey Due October 31
What: Professional certificate training in international development project planning, facilitation, and partnership
Where: Monterey, California or Kigali, Rwanda!
When: Monterey (January 6-24, 2014) or Rwanda (January 14-23)
Who: Aspiring international development and social change practitioners interested in developing a practical skill-set and meeting others interested in this field. Interested graduate students, career-changers, and outstanding undergraduates encouraged to apply.
Program Fees: $1,500 for Monterey or $900 for Rwanda training for MIIS students; $2,500 for non-MIIS students for either program (some scholarships available)
Application Deadline: Apply at http://go.miis.edu/dpmi by October 31, 2013!
Monterey Program Highlights:
- 15-days of instruction with three expert practitioners with over 50 years of development experience
- Class expected to include 25 MIIS students and 5 participants from around the world.
- Conveniently located on the MIIS campus in downtown Monterey.
- Excellent networking and skill-development opportunity.
Rwanda Program Highlights:
- 10 days of instruction including two days working with a client (Partners in Health and the Rwandan Ministry of Health)
- Participants to include 5 staff members from Nobel Peace Prize Nominee Paul Farmer’s NGO, Partners in Health; Outstanding networking and career opportunity!
- 50/50 split between international and domestic training participants
- Taught by two expert faculty (Dr. Beryl Levinger and Marie Laugharn)
- Focus on health, education, gender
- Develop your social marketing know how!
- Flight estimates found for as low as $1,400 bringing the estimated program cost (fee, airfare, and room and board below $4,000—an excellent cost for a training program in Africa)
- Outstanding cross-cultural learning component.