conGRADUATIONs to the Inaugural Classes of GSIPM & GSTILE ’09

Big congrats to my fellow 2009 MIIS GSIPM winter graduates.

The ceremony was short and sweet and the reception was even sweeter.  The Golden State Theatre set the tone for the FIRST EVER graduating class of GSIPM (the new combined Graduate School of International Policy AND Management, formerly GSIPS and The Fisher School of Business) as well as GSTILE (Graduate School of Translation, Interpretation and Language Education). 

Daniel Stolkowski gave us a great speech and represented the student body very well with appropriate humor and recognitions.  President Ramaswamy and Prof. Oliva offered encouraging words and inspiring stories.

As I try on my postgraduate alumni hat for the first time I know that I will not soon leave The Monterey Institute behind.  Despite an initial intention to get in and get out in three semesters, I have found myself putting on the brakes, trying to extend my time on the peninsula and in our enclave of bright international academic stars. 

Although I am very eager to rejoin the workforce and apply my new tools in the field, I have also realized how much I cherish the intimate community and unique setting in which we grow here.  As an avid fan of personal and community evolution I expect to continue growing as a MIIS alum. 

After a holiday vacation with family and friends in CO, PA and NYC, I will be glad to return to Monterey, CA and patiently yet strategically plan my post-graduation re-entry into the international workforce.  Although I cannot say exactly where I will be six months from now, I am confident and ambitious in planning a prosperous future of doing good and doing well.

Cheers to the entire MIIS community and thank you all for being great family.  From the Monterey Bay to your current coordinates, a big salute from the Graduating Class of Winter 2009.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.