The Monterey Bay Regional Business Plan Competition, an annual competition held in late spring, is a chance for start-up and emerging companies to showcase their ideas and their business. It starts with a short application and a five-minute “Fevor Pitch” presented to our judges. From there applicants are chosen to expand on their idea into a full twelve-page business plan, which is presented to an investor panel at the main event.
Who Is Eligible:
• Start-ups (not yet operational) and emerging businesses may apply.
• Existing early-stage businesses must be located in the Monterey-San Benito-Santa Cruz Tri-County Area or must re-locate to the area.
• If the plan is for a start-up business, that business must commit to locating to or creating jobs in the Tri-County Area.
• Businesses must have plans to grow to at least 3 full-time employees in addition to the founder(s) within 3 years.
• The business idea must be your original work that you can fully disclose.
Monterey Bay Regional Business Plan Competition (MBRBPC): 1-pager due March 18
MBRBPC Fever Pitch Competition: April 5
MBRBPC Final Competition: May 3
Attend free workshops to help you complete your entry:
- Tuesday, February 19, 12pm-1:30pm: San Benito County Chamber of Commerce, 243 Sixth St., Suite 100. Hollister, CA 95023
- Thursday, February 21, 6pm-7pm: Monterey Peninsula College. Sam Karas Room in the Montereu Peninsula College Library. 980 Fremont St. Monterey, CA 93940
- Saturday, February 23, 3pm-5pm: McGowan Room 320, Monterey Institute of International Studies, 411 Pacific St. Monterey, CA 93940
- Tuesday, March 5, 4pm-5:30pm: Marina Technology Cluster
- Wednesday, March 6, 12pm-1:30pm: Next Space, 101 Cooper St. Santa Cruz, CA 95060