Team-Based Management Simulations

Intro

Throughout the localization project management learning process, I and fellow prospective managers have taken steps to simulate real-world management situations. Below, I will briefly describe these projects and include links and other supplemental materials.

One: Team Oklei’s LPM Journey

In the fall of 2020, I and several others documented our process of simulating having and organizing our own language services provider company, which we called “Oklei.” The link above will take you to our site, which details our team, mission statement, source and target content, and many other types of information that we created and cultivated.

Two: Team Penguins’ Foray into Languages We Can’t Read

Likewise, in the spring of 2021, I and separate group simulated another management project. This time, we focused more on the technical aspect of managing linguistic projects. We had many difficulties working with some languages that none of us were familiar with, and decided to coalesce our findings into a paper detailing our experiences and best practices that we believe managers should take when dealing with similar problems.

Below, you can read our paper through these images, or by downloading the PDF version.