Work Samples

Prior to attending the Monterey Institute of International Studies:
My passion for writing began as a child, and the project I am most proud of is the travel blog I managed while living, teaching, and traveling throughout American Samoa and the South Pacific. I am most comfortable writing creative non-fiction pieces, and this is represented through my blog: Quinn in American Samoa

During my time as a WorldTeach English instructor in American Samoa, I developed, organized, and edited a monthly newsletter that highlighted volunteer experiences in the classroom, within the Samoan culture, and throughout the islands. I have included several newsletters below:

WT AmSam Newsletter September 2011
WT AmSam Newsletter November 2011
WT AmSam Newsletter April 2012

As a Graduate Student:
View a semester-long case study of the country of Iceland I completed this past fall for my Comparative and International Education class: Case Study of Iceland

photo

This photo shows a poster I designed for International Studies Abroad (ISA), a third-party provider that sends students to countries all over the world for a study abroad experience. The poster was shown at a fair for my Principles and Practices of International Education course this fall.