Student Spotlight: Assemgul Talaspayeva

more cropped photo of Assemgul

Since 2013, Intensive English Programs has been happy to host excellent students from Kazakhstan who are recipients of the Bolashak International Scholarship, established by the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan in 1993.

Assemgul Talaspayeva has just finished her first session in the program, and in her short time here, she has already made quite an impression– she was a clear choice to receive one of our two “Outstanding Student” awards for the Spring 2015 session.

What’s your background?

I graduated from Kokshetau State University named after Shokan Ualikhanov in Kokshetau, Kazakhstan. I studied translation studies.

Why did you decide to come to the ESL program in Monterey?

I decided to get Master degree of T&I at  MIIS, so I came to the ESL program in Monterey to improve my English. I found some information about school from internet and read a lot of positive comments.

What is your favorite thing so far about this experience, and what is one thing that you learned in class which will be helpful for you in your future studies or career?

We have a lot of diverse students in our classes. Students are from different countries with different English and it is really good experience as you start to understand different accents, and it will be helpful for my future work. And I like all the teacher at school as every day  you can learn new things and just enjoy the studying.

What are you thinking about doing after you finish your time in the ESL program?

I’m going to apply for Master Degree at MIIS. I would like to spend more time in Monterey as I like everything here.

You may also like...