Here you will find my blog posts on the East Asia Practicum.

What is the EAP, you may ask. Well, you can find more information here, but let me just quote the page.

This is the immersive professional portion of the semester-long seminar on Foreign Policy, Trade, and Security in East Asia. It is aimed at robustly deepening the participating students’ understanding and appreciation of East Asia, with particular focus on China and Japan and their relations with each other and with other regional countries and the U.S. Each student will choose her/his own research topic in consultation with the instructors.

As I am not a student of foreign policy, trade, or security, it may not seem it made sense for me to be there. My role was to be there as an interpreter. As the practicum involves field research in both Japan and China, and not all of the class members speak both Japanese and Chinese, the professors recruited students in the Translation & Interpretation program. I was lucky enough to be one of those chosen to attend as a Japanese interpreter.

This blog covers my experience of the Japan portion of the trip. Each post is linked below; you may also find them under the East Asia Practicum tag or EAP Category.